woelfdietrich

Andrew Masterson

Kōsa Press Presents: "These Broken Worlds" Cover Reveal

— feeling excited

Oh, man, I’m excited.

Today I’m revealing the cover for a mini-kosalogy Kōsa Press is releasing in middle July. It’s called “These Broken Worlds” and serves as a precursor to “Interspecies”, the anthology (or Kosalogy) that Kōsa Press is publishing closer to the end of the year.

The idea behind the mini-kosalogy stems from our wish to give readers a taste of the shared universe we have created for “Interspecies”. To create expectation of what is to come by sharing with you scenes from worlds within this universe.

From Kōsa Press:

These Broken Worlds features stories by Woelf Dietrich, Pavarti K. Tyler, Jessica West, and M. J. Kelley, depicting a shared universe where humans aren’t alone.

A war decimates Earth, leaving only Australia and New Zealand habitable. The reason for the war? Drilodytes–an alien species forced from their home planets by an ancient evil. In desperation they sought refuge on Earth, but never stopped searching the stars, watching, waiting to see if they were followed. Fifty years later, the strain on natural resources reached a peak, and the Drilos were asked to leave Earth. Their refusal resulted in a global war spawning new factions, new enemies, and leaving most of Earth a toxic wasteland in its aftermath. Now leader is pitted against leader, race against race, lover against lover, and daily survival is uncertain. Yet hope lives on in many who want peace, although some still would die trying to prevent it.

We’re thrilled to reveal the cover of our very first publication “These Broken Worlds”, a mini-kosalogy of flash fiction available July 15th, 2015. Cover design by Kōsa’s creative director Pavarti K. Tyler.

And here is the cover:

Working alongside these great and talented authors in preparing this mini-kosalogy was truly an awesome thing. Yes, the goosbumps-inducing kind of awesome. I feel privileged, and today’s occasion once again reminds me how wonderfully special our writing community really is and how things just happen when we get together and brainstorm. I have found a renewed zest for collaboration.

So my dear readers, feast your eyes on our cover. Read the words describing our created universe and imagine what exciting adventures  awaits you. “These Broken Worlds” is an hors d’oeuvre to “Interspecies”. In fact, you might even call it a gateway. A Stargate of sorts nestled in that part of your brain that constantly searches for escape to far-off worlds.

You’ll see. I’m not wrong…

Woelf

Source: http://woelfdietrich.com/2015/06/17/kosa-press-presents-these-broken-worlds-cover-reveal